When: Sunday, October 7th, 11am to 3:30pm
(doors open at 10:15 for registration and seating)
Where: World Café Live (downstairs), 3025 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
What: Panel Discussion and luncheon
Cost: General Admission $25 Click here to purchase,
Students $15 (only at door w/ student ID)
Inspired by Food Day.org and in collaboration with the Philadelphia Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier we are hosting an event that will highlight the many great food related organizations in our region and be fed by some of our most beloved Philadelphia women chefs in our region.
We have assembled a dynamic group of speakers who are on the front lines of the sustainable food movement followed by a luncheon prepared by some of our finest women chefs in our region. During the luncheon there will be representatives of various organizations manning “meet and greet” tables in the lobby.
- 11:00am Opening Remarks
Presented by Aliza Green and Joseph M Brandolo Followed by our Keynote Speaker Rick Nichols
- 11:45am Panel Discussion featuring the following speakers;
- Liz Pacheco, Managing Editor of Grid Magazine
- Hannah Smith, Community Outreach – Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA)
- Ryan Kuck, Urban Farmer – Preston’s Paradise and the Philadelphia Orchard Project
- Kristin Schwab, Urban Nutrition Initiative
- Laquanda Dobson, Urban Nutrition Initiative
- Alyssa Moles, The Food Trust – Farm to Schools Program
- Carey Morgan, Executive Director of the Coalition Against Hunger
- 1:30–3:30pm Buffet Lunch with selections prepared by our partners, the amazing women chefs from our region from the Les Dames d’Escoffier Society.
During this time representatives from the local sustainable food movement will be manning tables so you can have an opportunity to meet with them and learn more about the great work they perform. It is also an opportunity to find volunteer and donation opportunities.
We hope that you will come out and show your support to the people who dedicate themselves to the local food access movement.