BREAK GROUND, BREAK BREAD! SLOW FOOD PHILLY STYLE
Join us for a Slow Food celebration of food, drink, music, learning, & volunteerism!
Philadelphia is a very progressive community, home to many organizations that live the Slow Food philosophy. Here is our chance to break ground, break bread and create awareness of the many opportunities happening in our city of brotherly love.
When: Sunday, October 3rd, 2010, from 12 noon until 3 pm
Location: World Café Live, 3025 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA, in their downstairs auditorium.
- $10 for Advance Tickets purchased online by going to http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/129896
- $15 All tickets at the Door
Slow Food will be holding its bi-annual Terra Madre International Conference this year in Turin, Italy and the Philly chapter wants to celebrate locally with an event featuring an array of food, beer, music, food demos, and exhibitors that live the Slow Food philosophy. Healthy Bites and Dock Street Brewing Co. will provide complementary food and beer. There will also be live music, several food demos performed by local chefs, and a host of exhibitors including:
- Harvest Local Foods
- Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA)
- Sustainable Business Network (SBN)
- Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger
- Grid Magazine
- Farm to City
- Urban Nutrition Initiative
- Fair Food Farmstand
- Restaurant School – Slow Food Chapter
…plus a few more.
Culinary Demos – We’ll showcase several culinary demos, including a pasta making demo by Roberta Adamo, Executive Chef of Penne Restaurant.
Music will be provided by Trolley Stop, a band who specializes in folk music from around the world.