Friday , December 10th, 11 am – 3 pm
Center Court of the Reading Terminal
Inspired by Slow Food International’s recent Salone del Gusto food show and Terra Madre conference in Turin, Italy, Reading Terminal Market will hold a day of celebration to honor local food producers and artisans. With support from Slow Food Philadelphia, Fair Food, PASA, Grid and Philly Homegrown, Terra Madre Day will give Philadelphians the opportunity to meet select regional producers, watch cooking demonstrations and learn about the tastes and flavors from the Greater Philadelphia area.
Terra Madre is an international conference that gathers sustainable food producers, farmers, cooks, educators and activists from over 150 countries to connect and share their stories and traditions, as well as their innovative solutions for keeping small-scale agriculture and sustainable food production alive and well. Concurrently, the Salone del Gusto – the world’s largest artisanal food marketplace – is held, in part for delegates to Terra Madre to gain a deeper sense of how small-scale sustainable producers can market their products effectively.
- Beer: Earth, Bread & Brewery of Philadelphia
- Bread: Metropolitan Bakery, Philadelphia, PA
- Cheese: Birchrun Hills Farm, Chester Springs, PA
- Honey: Bee Natural, Smyrna, DE
- Meat: Aliza Green (Philadelphia-based author of “Field Guide to Meat” 2006, Quirk Books)
- Produce: Lancaster Farm Fresh, Lancaster, PA
- Wine: Blue Mountain Vineyards, New Tripoli, PA