Here is our guide to help you live a healthier more sustainable lifestyle…
- Pick up a copy of a great local monthly magazine Grid / Sustainable Philadelphia on local newsstands and digitally at www.gridphilly.com/digital-edition/. You can also find a digital edition of their Local Food Guide produced for Fair Food and also Farmbook produced for PA Sustainable Agricultural Association.
- Looking for a directory to local Farmer’s markets or join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)? farmtocity.org/find-local-food/. www.localharvest.org www.thefoodtrust.org
- Where can I find out about local farmers who produce cheese in PA? pacheeseguild.org
- PASA is a great farm guide and resource center for farmers. www.pasafarming.org
- Encourage your local restaurant to compost go to www.phillycompost.com.
- Our ocean fish populations are being depleted at rapid rates. Looking for sustainable fish suggestions to eat? www.blueocean.org. They also have phone app www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/seafoodwatch.aspx.
- Interested in a Slow Food education, you can attend the Slow Food University for Gastronomic Sciences in Bra, Italy. www.unisg.it/welcome_eng.lasso
Learn how you can make a difference for the oceans.
Seafood Watch The Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program helps consumers and businesses make choices for healthy oceans. www.montereybayaquarium.org
Seafood Watch has a pocket guide and mobile application to provide a resource for sustainably good choices purchasing seafood.
Looking for Political Action websites?
The Center for Food Safety works to protect human health and the environment by curbing the proliferation of harmful food production technologies and by promoting organic and other forms of sustainable agriculture. CFS has offices in Washington, DC and San Francisco, CA.
The True Food Network is CFS’s grassroots action network, with over 100,000 members across the country. The True Food Network is where concerned citizens can voice their opinions about critical food safety issues, and advocate for a socially just, democratic, and sustainable food system. Join the Network to receive free action alerts and stand up for True Food!
The future of agriculture through genetic conservation and the promotion of endangered breeds of livestock and poultry.
The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy is a nonprofit membership organization working to protect over 150 breeds of livestock and poultry from extinction. Founded in 1977, the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy is the pioneer organization in the U.S. working to conserve historic breeds and genetic diversity in livestock. We hope you’ll browse through these pages and learn more about the diverse and valuable agricultural heritage that is ours to enjoy and to steward.